History of JOMC
Jersey Old Motor Club Ltd. was founded in November 1966 for the enjoyment of owners of vehicles in Jersey constructed prior to 31st December 1950. One aim of the club is to give pleasure to members of the public and visitors who enjoy seeing old vehicles. People who are interested in, but do not own such vehicles may apply to become members.
The club has a reputation for friendliness and informality and a monthly newsletter is published covering aspects of the Club’s activities, highlighting forthcoming events and raising matters of interest. Club merchandise and a Sales and Wanted section features on our website.
During its history, the club has organised a vast number of events of a motoring and social nature, with the Twelve Churches Cavalcade held on Boxing Day, The Liberation Day display and Easter cavalcade being the most high profile at a local level. Membership stands around 200 Members with approximately 350 vehicles comprising over fifty different marques. From the club’s first continental rally in 1973, members of the club have participated in rallies worldwide, as well as continuing close links with other clubs both in the UK and France. The club has indeed been fortunate to have had a succession of dedicated Presidents and committee members leading the club over its long history.
Graham J. Le Lay